Everyone here at Fit Results hopes you all had an amazing first month of the year! One of the great things about starting a new year is that feeling of a fresh start and setting new goals to help make a better, healthier and happier you! But as we move further into the year, life happens, we get busy, and it can be tough to stay on track.
Keep reading for some tips on how to keep on track of your goals. Let this be the year of you.
- Have a plan that will help you reach your goals, i.e. break down bigger goals into smaller actions every day. Example: Making it to the gym for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Remember that you’re not always going to be motivated and that is when discipline and determination comes into play. Remind yourself why you started.
- Make sure to listen to your body: if you are feeling sore and tired, take a day off to relax, stretch, and recover.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself when you miss a day at the gym or ate a lot of pizza and burgers over the weekend. Instead of obsessing and dwelling on the feeling of taking a couple steps backward, dust yourself off and have a fresh start the next day.
- Congratulate yourself along the way. You don’t have to wait until you’ve reached your ultimate goal to celebrate the progress you’ve made so far. Reward yourself for sticking to your goals and that can help you stay on track for the long term. (Celebrate the small wins)
What are you doing to keep on track?
Respond in the comments below!